GoAnimate offers three animation styles for their GoPublish and GoPremium subscriptions: Business Friendly, Whiteboard, and Video Infographics. The GoTeam subscription offers an additional style called Common Craft.
.All the styles include a library of props, backgrounds, and characters, and all are customizable. You can upload your own images and backdrops in all styles.
1. Business Friendly
This is the style most people think of when they think of 2D animated videos.
• Wide range of pre-made templates.
Templates include Text, Office, HR, Marketing, Training, CS, Concepts, Charts, Layouts, Logos, Education, Finance, Government, Healthcare, Holidays, Home, Industrial, Leisure, News, Screens, Shopping, Sports, Space, Super Heroes, Travel and Pirate.
There are a lot of options and you can custom the pre-made scenes to suit your needs. You can also build your own scenes with plain backgrounds.
• Character categories: Casual, Custom, Holidays, Jobs and Workplace, Kids, Politics and Sports
This style has the most options for character categories
• Pre-made characters exist for different professions, races, ages, and in a range of clothing
• Can create custom characters
• Wide range of props, and screens and frames to include your own images/logos in.
The Classic whiteboard animation style.
• Templates are almost the same as the Business Friendly option. This version does not include Charts, Logos, Holidays, Sports, and Super Heroes templates.
• Pre-made character categories: Casual, Custom, Jobs and Workplace, and Kids
Less pre-made options than the Business Friendly style, but you can still build custom characters.
• This version offers a few options for hands, just a pen, or no pen and hand.
• Props are similar to the Business-Friendly option, and also includes screens and frames.
3. Video Infographics
• Template include: Text, Concepts, Charts, Layouts, Logos, and Screens
• Some stock characters available. Like the kind you would find on a bathroom sign.
• No customizable characters
Props include a lot of options, also screens and frames.
• This option offers shapes and symbols.
4. Common Craft
This is only available for the GoTeam subscription.
Each style has its own library of scenes, props, and characters. The style you choose should fit your message and your audience. Both the Business Friendly and Whiteboard style make good training videos and are good for showing people actually using your product or service. The Video Infographics style is great for showing data and more abstract concepts, and is good for pairing with your static infographics. If there is something in the style that doesn’t quite work with your video, you can always customize it.